- Each day I want you to invest every dollar available into an account. Every day.
- Some days you may only need to invest a few dollars, but most days you’ll need to set aside 10-12+ dollars.
- Like most investments, I need you to be patient and leave these daily deposits alone to grow and mature.
- Over the course of each year, you’ll have invested upwards of $4,000 or even more.
- In exchange for these deposits, one day a year, you can withdraw a few dollars from the account.
My Wife Must Be A Fool
My wife has got to be the worst investor on the planet, because she pours into this non-nonsensical venture year after year after year. Crazy, right?
Now, imagine that instead of investing money every day, you were investing time (after all, time is money). My wife invests her precious time every day of the year. Day after day and week after week, she invests in our marriage and in our family. She gives countless hours (oh wait…I already did the math – 4,000+ hours annually) selflessly to our family. It’s a thankless job and she certainly has her work cut out for her (we are a blended family of 8).
Motherhood – An uncertain, long-term investment
Motherhood has got to be the most foolish investment available. Pour time, money, and energy into a bunch of thankless heathens. Do this every single day. Then, one day a year, mothers get a place of honor. One day a year they get the recognition that they deserve. That’s an awful return on investment.
The real payoff, won’t be seen for years down the road. The outcome is uncertain. The path of a child’s life cannot be predicted. But eventually, the reward for years of loving deposits is experienced in seeing a child reach his or her potential and follow their dreams.
More than “Thank You”
“Thank you” doesn’t begin to do justice to what my wife deserves for her constant sacrifices for our family. One day a year of special honor and gratitude is a meager return on her tremendous investment.
What about the women in your life? Beyond the cards and flowers and meals that you will no doubt shower on the mothers in your life, make it a point to convey to them your genuine gratitude and respect in an authentic way. Thank them today. Honor them today. Then find a way to step up your game the other 364 days a year and shower them with the love and respect that they so richly deserve.