- Spring – Conversation is fresh, passion flows easily, and the overall tempo of the relationship breeds excitement. The relationship blossoms, tantalizing the senses and delighting the couple.
- Summer – The adventure heats up and the two of you get caught up in the energy and the momentum. Sometimes its a scorcher and you get burned, but overall, the marriage is fulfilling and easily enjoyable during these time periods.
- Fall – The relationship cools off a bit and the proverbial bloom falls off the rose. Conversations are hit or miss and you get along well enough, but the leaves are falling and the energy in your marriage is on the decline.
- Winter – Once winter sets into your relationship, the strength of your commitment is tested. Days are cold. Conversations are flat. Passion is all but gone. Your spouse may be next to you, but you feel isolated, distant, and cold. There are days when you think you might never feel the warmth of the sun again. But take heart, because Spring is just around the corner.
The seasons of your marriage won’t always progress exactly in this order. Some seasons repeat and others might be skipped on occasion. Through your relationship, you can count on experiencing one multiple times. The key, will be fully embracing Spring and Summer, while continuing to prioritize and lovingly invest in your marriage during the proverbial Fall and Winter.
Relationship Advice #1: Make the most of each season in your marriage
Every season in your marriage is special, even the more challenging ones. During the easy times in your relationship, you must learn to bask in the moment, be thankful, and enjoy your time together. In more difficult periods, you must lean on each other. Hold tight to God, your commitment to each other, and a stubborn, unconditional love.
One way to gracefully weather the storms and various seasons in your marriage is to maintain your focus on loving your spouse and prioritizing your relationship. We have two resources to help with that:
- Through social media, we share relationship advice in the form of daily reminders, inspiring marriage quotes, and even the occasional joke. To connect with us, click on any of the social media icons at the top of the page and follow us!
- We have compiled a set of practical marriage tips with an emphasis on action and a desire to improve your relationship in tangible ways. These tips provide invaluable relationship advice that you can apply in your marriage immediately.
Relationship Advice #2: You can save your marriage from a long, cold winter
When a challenging season in your marriage sets in, it can be difficult to maintain your resolve. You didn’t sign up for isolation. You didn’t marry to feel distant from your mate. You never intended for marriage to feel like work. But it happened nonetheless. Whether your relationship is already distant and cold, or you sense that your connection is on a decline, take heart. You’re not alone. We can help you discover how to save your marriage: