Words are tricky
- You try to express how you are feeling, but it comes out wrong, perhaps hurting your spouse.
- In a moment of frustration you carelessly launch a volley of painful words at your mate.
- You construct a web of lies with words in order to manipulate the relationship or hide your sin.
Actions are clear
You will know them by their fruits
- Am I behaving in a loving manner?
- Do you see me putting your needs and our family’s needs first?
- When I engage you, do you experience love and respect?
“…the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” (Galatians 5:22-23)